CLPs are now nominating candidates for the 2018 elections to Labour’s National Executive, now expanded to nine members from the CLPs. Momentum and the Campaign for Labour Party Democracy have agreed the following nominees.
- Yasmine Dar - Gorton CLP
- Huda Elmi - Coventry South CLP
- Rachel Garnham - Mid-Bedfordshire CLP
- Ann Henderson - Edinburgh South CLP
- Jon Lansman - Bermondsey and Old Southwark CLP
- Nav Mishra - Hazel Grove CLP
- Claudia Webbe - Islington South and Finsbury CLP
- Darren Williams - Cardiff West CLP
- Peter Willsman - Oxford East CLP
However, the Labour Representation Committee, Grassroots Black Left and Red Labour, unhappy with how this slate has been decided, are looking at the possibility of standing alternative candidates. Information about this is available on websites and social media.
Watch this space